My Instagram

My Advertising

Be an e-tailPR blogger

My Facebook

What blogging is all about


A couple of days ago I got the first email that made me really think - this blogging thing rocks.

A Portuguese girl emailed me saying she loved my blog, she felt totally connected with the things I write and asking me to keep going. I might be a bit sensitive these days but this made me shiver a bit and think 'that's really what this is about'. Half of the population has a blog these days. The world, its dog and probably the canary as well. Everyone. So when Sara asked me last year why wouldn't I start a blog, I was like 'because literally everyone has one and mine won't be any different so what's the point?'.

I don't think the same way now. People ask me if there is a reason why I started a blog, if there is a deep meaning about the blog name, how I have the patience to keep posting regularly. The honest answer is: I don't know. Yes, there are obvious reasons - I love clothes, I wanted to show how I style them, I wanted to tell all my friends in Portugal what I was doing in London, and so on. But there is not a super deep and philosophical reason behind it. There is also no big meaning behind the name - it's Portuguese, it's pink, it sounded right, it's me. But why does it have to be? Why does it all have to be super planned or have a strong meaning? It seems such a silly and old fashioned concept to me but then again I'm not a big planner or I wouldn't be where I am right now.

We live in a world where everyone is online (erm, my Mum has a freaking iPad!). If you have something to say, if you have something to show, then why not? I say go for it. Eventually, with time, it will become your own thing and it will always be different than everyone else's if you put your personality in it. At the end of the day, even if you think no one is reading you (which probably isn't true!), you will have a collage of memories from that part of your life to remember. Seems like a pretty good reason to me! And if people keep photo albums, old cards, diaries and high school love messages, we can also keep our e-book and live in the 21st Century without feeling guilty for it.

A huge thanks to J. for getting in touch and reminding me of all of this. And if you were thinking you shouldn't start a blog because people will say you're just 'more of the same', well, just tell them to f*** off.

M ❤️

3 thoughts on “What blogging is all about

  1. Não podia concordar mais :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great post - I especially loved the last sentence! I'm a new follower!

    If you have the chance I'd love for you to stop by my blog! Thanks & have a great day!
    -Magenta x
    http://magenta-s-w.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...